Pages

12/17/11

December 17, 2011 - HELP CDO

I was in Xavier Heights from a Christmas Party. Well it was a candlelight party because there was no electricity and signal. I know I needed to go home but I got anxious of the very heavy rain and strong winds.

Past 2am when the rain slowed down but the electricity is still out (whole city) and so we decided to go home with some of my friends – the other stayed overnight.

As I reached the vicinity of SM, the road was very messy – some trees fell and many twigs scattered all over the road.

Near Pryze Plaza where many ads were posted, now were like torn papers.

2 of my passengers asked me to drop them at XU Campus, and so  decided to take the new bridge. As we were passing, there were a lot of people running all over – I just realized, they were hit by the flood. I wasn’t able to take pictures, but the image is still fresh in my mind. Many vehicles parked by the bridge - ambulances, trucks, motors; many people helping each other. And to my surprise, the flood reached the floor of the bridge (there was this part where it overlapped the bridge).

I wasn't able to pass, so I went back and tried Carmen Bridge. While passing the bridge, you can see the flood, also by the floor of the bridge. 

Dvsoria was so dark that even with my car’s head lights, I can barely see my surroundings. It was also my  first time to see Pabayo St flooded.

2 of my friends (passengers) dropped at XU and 2 more to be dropped at NHA and RER.

Passing through Velez, I could see people all over the street, especially in near DXCC, NMMC and Sabal Hospital were flooded and I thought I couldn’t pass by the flood.

As I reached the Marcos Bridge, I parked went out the van and checked the flood. Crap! People were already on the roof, there was even a man on the other sided shouted “naay bata oh…!!” (“There’s a kid here…!!”) – pointing on the flood. I got back in the van because it was really very teeming – people were everywhere.

In my mind I was thinking I really need to go home and see how’s my family doing. I dropped the other 2 at their place and headed straight back home.

On my way home, I was already on the streets of Kauswagan I saw people standing by the sidelines – People near Kong Hua, Water District, Pasil, soaking wet. They were also hit by the flood.

Thank God our home was not flooded – though a tree fell on our fence and the antenna of our radio got bent.

The images I saw while going home kept flashing back in my head. It really gave me Goosebumps.

Here are some links to check: [1] [2] [3] [4]

Many died; many lost their loved ones and houses. I hope many will also help. Let us help CDO.







--- until my next post. follow me https://twitter.com/#!/jarugaslag

No comments:

Post a Comment