Pages

3/13/11

Can't March This March (2011)

 These are some of my thoughts, knowing that I cannot graduate [yet]. I am not so sure if you’d read this.

After how many years of schooling, I have come to this point to not end [yet] college, simply because I cannot graduate since I failed a subject. This incident made me think of my previous graduations.

I thought I was an achiever. Kinder 1, I was an honor student and a fast learner. In grade school, I was a consistent honor student, involved in school events, organizations, and a varsity. In high school, well I wasn’t really a consistent honor student, but I was doing well, especially during my first and second years [pero sige q ka honor during these years]. Third year, I did well, president in our class, ran for office and won the election, murag na honor pa gani ko kas-a siguro. College was a rollercoaster – from accountancy to business administration. I got involved in various organizations; attended numbers of seminars, trainings, and workshops; organized and helped many projects/events/programs; founded Aim One Cagayan (AOC); founded and initiated the making of the three new organizations of SBM – Alliance of Business Economic Students, Junior Marketing Association and the Junior Financial Executives.

But during my graduating years, failures keep sprouting every now and then without any warning. In kinder, I graduated without any award – well wasn’t really a big deal. In grade school, I graduated ordinarily – not an honor student, not even special awards. In high school, I graduated third honor, but with no medal – because it was during our time when the new rule was implemented, that you can’t receive a medal if your QPI from 1st year until 4th year won’t qualify the cutoff – so no medal still.

This college? I am a loser and a failure. Yes, true, I can’t graduate because I have a failing mark. It pains me not seeing myself and even my parents can’t see me wearing a toga as I was suppose to march this march – expectations were not met.

Despite this distressing moment in my life, I am still optimistic of my future. I have experienced a lot of things majority of my classmates/batch mates/colleagues haven’t experience – this is my edge. Una lang mu, apas lng mi – mejo daghan man pud mi. ehehehe.

To the SBMSC people – you know who you are. Good Luck! I know you can always make it in the real world. Bow ko sa inyu bei.
To my JFINEX family – congratulations! Murag duha man lang ata mi who’s suppose to graduate but wasn’t able to make it. Pero sige lng we’ll catch up. It saddens me as your president, na dili ta complete mu-graduate. Good luck! I know you’ll succeed in the real world “JFINEX bya ta!
To my friends and all SBM Graduating students – Congratulations and Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment