Pages

3/23/11

Day 1 in SPRUCE

I woke up at around 5 in the morning thinking that I could still go jogging, but decided not to.
I thought I was running late since the instruction given to me was that I should be there before 8am. I got there 7:50 (I think – basta hapit na 8). I got in the board room and to my surprise, I was the first noob. The people inside the board room were the other retailer representatives – from Butuan and Iligan (I think).
The training started 8:30. Our trainer/facilitator was Ms. Jessie from Terry SA. Topic: history of havaianas; humankind purpose; customer service; and the art of selling. The training was really informative – I learned a lot of new things about the product and about my work. We ended 12pm for lunch then resumed by 1pm. There were sort of contests, then prizes were given – havaianas items. We had our break by 4pm for 10mins and ended at exactly 5pm. After the training, we had picture taking.

After the picture taking, the retailers were then going out the board room to check in to their hotel. I then was oriented about my job by my direct boss – Mr. Aben. I signed a contract for my employment – 3 months; contractual.

After the contract signing, we then headed to Butcher’s Best to have our dinner. Everybody involved in the training were there. I had a chance to talk with Mr. Aben, a little getting to know you questions and more about my work. I got excited when Mr. Aben told me that I would be handling all the retailers since he will be handling all company owned stores; I will be their direct contact and we will be travelling from time to time to the different localities of our retailers. Then he also told me about the upcoming events that we will be having. I am really very excited.

I still wanna say more things but I ran out of words – wala nq kblu unsa pa aq isulte. Anyways, I hope to have more years to come with Spruce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment